Xiaomi also put steps into the vast booming market of wearables. Xiaomi has launched its Xiaomi Mi Band series which is a wearable activity tracker produced by Xiaomi. Xiaomi is one leading tech company in this wearable market. Xiaomi has launched its first product Xiaomi Mi Band 1S on 22 July 2014.
Till today Xiaomi has launched Xiaomi Mi Band 2, Xiaomi Mi Band 3, Xiaomi Mi Band 4, Xiaomi Mi Band 5, Xiaomi Mi Band 6. The Mi Band resembles a bracelet in its design and can be worn on either hand. The band’s location can be set using the official Mi Band app initially called Mi fit, now Mi health.
1. Xiaomi Mi Band 1S-
Xiaomi Mi Band 1S was launched on 22 July 2014 by Xiaomi. The product is very known for its features and affordable price.
This wristband is one of the most optimal fitness wristbands of its price category. This wristband can attract a buyer with its low price because it is really very difficult to find a good alternative for such a nominal price.
Design: -The fitness tracker Xiaomi Mi Band 1s is a capsule made of plastic. The band consists of a core tracker which is around 9mm thick, and 36mm in length. It is inserted into a TPSiV wristband, which is hypoallergenic and has anti-UV and anti-microbial properties. The tracker is inserted into the charger module, which can be connected to a 5.0 V external power source. On the front side of the device body, you can see a row of three LEDs, and the backside is equipped with an optical sensor for pulse measurements. You can set goals for the activity (e.g. the desired number of steps ) in the Mi Fit app and you can track the achievement of results by LED sensors.
- It can measure pulse.
- It can calculate the steps taken and calories burned.
- It has the ability to lock and block gadgets based on Android and connected to the fitness wristband.
- Receiving notifications of incoming calls and SMS.
- Sleep time and automatic tracking.
- The body weight of this device is 15gram.
Price in India: –
The prices depend upon the product & platform from where you are buying. The minimum price for these is Rs. 1000/.
Amazon Buying Link
Pros and Cons –
The device has a high level of dust and water resistance of the device (IP67). Xiaomi Mi Band 1s can withstand up to 30 days without being recharged. But its accuracy rate is very low, the heart rate monitor sometimes makes very serious mistakes: during our measurements, the maximum deviation reached 63 beats per minute (122 instead of 59).
2. Xiaomi Mi Band 2 :-
The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 was launched on 7 June 2016. It is the successor of the Xiaomi Mi Band 1s. The fitness wristband Xiaomi Mi Band 2 is the most popular tracker due to the correlation between price and quality.
The main sensors of the device are an accelerometer and an optical heart rate monitor.
Design:- Total weight of the device is 19.4 grams and the weight of the body is 7 grams. The battery type is Li-pol and its battery capacity is 70mAh. The dimension of the device is 15.7*40.3*10.5 mm. The material is a thermoplastic elastomer.
- It can calculate the number of steps and distance covered.
- It can measure heart rate.
- The device can calculate the number of calories burned.
- It measures training time and reminds of little activity during a period of time.
- It has a 0.42 inch OLED display.
Price in India: – The cost of the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 depends upon the type (strap color, combination, etc.) & platform from where you are buying. The price for this is Rs. 1399/.
Amazon Buying Link
Pros and Cons: – It has a waterproof body. This is a light & compact device convenient to carry. It can up to 20 days without charging. But its glass easily gets scratched and constant measurement of heart rate is absent.
3. Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 3 :-
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is the successor of Xiaomi’s smart band 2. It was released on 31 May 2018. It has advanced features which make it a good choice for the users.
It has a capacity OLED display. The tracker features heart rate monitoring, but that is not a continuous heart rate monitoring display.
Design- The design of the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is very much similar to that of Xiaomi Mi Band 2. It also has a central capsule that is attached to a removable strap made up of a thermoplastic elastomer. There is a heart rate monitor in the back of the capsule. The display is monochrome, it has an OLED matrix and a touch screen. The screen is covered with 2.5 D glass.
- It has a heart rate monitoring feature. The wristband has an improved sensor certified according to ISO-10993-5/10.
- It has a feature of step counting. The pedometer shows the number of steps taken, distance covered & the walk duration.
- It has a sleep observation feature and its battery lasts up to 20 days.
- It has a notification feature showing notifications of time, calls coming on phones via vibration, text, pulses, weather, etc.
Price in India- its prices vary depending upon the variety of products we are buying. It has a price of Rs. 1999 on Amazon.
Amazon Buying Link
Pros and Cons- It has a full touch screen display and waterproof IP68. But there is no Built-in-GPS and lesser features.
4. Xiaomi Mi Band 4 –
Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is the successor of the Xiaomi Mi Band 3. It was launched on 16 June 2019 in China and on 26 June 2019 in Europe & on 19 September 2019 in India. It has very advanced features.
It is 39.9% larger than the Xiaomi Mi Band 2. It has a super capacity AMOLED display and features 24/7 heart rate monitoring.
Design- It has a very good size. It has a weight of 22.1 g and a screen size of 0.95 inches. The resolution of this is 124* 240 GB. It has screen brightness up to 400 nits (max brightness). The screen has 2.5D tempered glass with an anti-fingerprint coating. Its water resistance rating is 5ATM. The wristband has a width of 18mm. The Wrist strap material is thermoplastic polyurethane. The body material is polycarbonate. The battery is LiPo and is135mAh. The Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is compatible with android 4.4, iOS 9.0, or above.
- It has 6 workout modes Treadmill, exercise, outdoor running, cycling, walking, pool swimming, step counting, distance, and calories burned.
- It has a heart rate monitoring feature that is all-day heart checking and resting heart rate.
- It has an Alarm, stopwatch, calendar, weather forecast, night mode, do not disturb mode, music control, battery level display, etc.
- It has sensors heart rate sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, and capacitive proximity sensor.
- It is available in colors like black, purple, orange, pink, and burgundy.
Price in India- The price in India is Rs.2,499.
Amazon Buying Link
Pros and Cons- It has an affordable price, the accuracy rate is high, water-resistant but its battery drains very fast below 30% & there is a call decline feature but no feature for receiving calls.
5. Xiaomi Mi Band 5 –
Xiaomi Mi Band 5 is the successor of Xiaomi Mi Band 4. It was released on 11 June 2020 and on 29 September 2020 in India. It has 24/7 heart rate monitoring claiming a 50% more accurate PPG sensor than Xiaomi Mi Band 4.
It supports a charging dock that locates using a magnet which is said to be easier to use than the previous generation chargers.
Design- It has a 1.1-inch AMOLED color touchscreen. It has a 126*294 resolution. It has screen brightness of up to 450 nits. Its dimensions are 46.95*18.15*12.45mm. The battery is LiPo and is 125mAh. Its battery life is 14 days. The Xiaomi Mi Band 4 is compatible with android 5.0, iOS 10.0, or above.
- It has 11 workout modes (Outdoor running, indoor running, power walking, cycling, pool swimming, freestyle, elliptical, jump rope, yoga, rowing machine).
- It has 24/7 heart rate monitoring.
- It PAI Score (Personal Activity Intelligence)
- It has a Camera controller, weather alters, timer, stopwatch, alarms, reminders, notifications, call mute, and many more features.
- It is available in various colors like Black, Blue, Pink, Orange, Purple, Yellow, Green, Grey.
Price in India- Its price in India is Rs. 2,999.
Amazon Buying Link
6. Xiaomi Mi Band 6-
It is the most latest Mi Band was announced on 29 March 2021 in China and was available for sale on 2 April 2021 in China. It is the successor of Xiaomi Mi Band 5. It has features like SpO2 tracking, heart rate monitoring, etc.
It has a 1.56-inch AMOLED color touchscreen. It has a 152*486 resolution. It has screen brightness of up to 450 nits. Its dimensions are 47.4*18.6*12.7mm. The battery is LiPo and is 125mAh. Its battery life is 14 days. The Xiaomi Mi Band 5 is compatible with android 5.0, iOS 10.0, or above. It has a heart rate sensor, SpO2 sensor, accelerometer, gyroscope, barometer & proximity sensor.
- It has 30 workout modes (Basketball, Zumba, Boxing, HIIT, Pilates, Ice Skating, Street Dance, Badminton, Outdoor running, indoor running, power walking, cycling, pool swimming, freestyle, elliptical, jump rope, yoga, rowing machine, etc.).
- It has a SpO2 sensor that can measure blood oxygen saturation which is an important physiological parameter of the respiratory cycle of the human body.
- It has a personal activity intelligence (PAI) for a healthier lifestyle.
- It has continuous heart rate monitoring that keeps the up and downs of our hearts.
- It has easy magnetic charging 14 days of continuous battery life.
- It is 5 ATM water resistance.
- It comes in Black, Orange, Yellow, Olive, Ivory, Blue colors,
Price in India:- The price of Xiaomi Mi Band 6 in India is Rs. 3,999.
Amazon Buying Link
Pros and Cons – it has a large screen size, affordable price, light-weighted, advanced features (like SpO2, heart rate monitoring, 30 workout modes) but it does have always-on-display, and also due to advance features battery consumption happens fast.
Future goals of Xiaomi in the field of wearables-
Xiaomi is fast assuming a pole position in the Internet of Things (IoT) devices market. According to the report by Canalys, “Xiaomi overtook Apple for the top spot in wearable shipments in Q2 2021. As per its data, the global wearables market registered a modest 6% percent growth in shipment with 40.9 million units being shipped in the quarter that ended in June. Apple shipped 7.9 million units and held an overall market share of 19.6 % for second place. Huawei holds the third position with 3.7 million shipments and a 9.2 % market share.
In only eleven years, Xiaomi established itself as a global technology leader, with numerous brands and products. Xiaomi’s mission is to manufacture top-quality products at fair prices and to support customers worldwide to enjoy a better life through innovative technology and Xiaomi is continuously working on this.