A life without modern gadgets can’t be imagined. Gadgets have become a very important part of our lives nowadays. Technology has no doubt evolved very much and it is making our lives better than ever. In this fast pace life But everything has positive and negative effects on our lives. Now technology is making people addicted to it.
Children’s addiction to gadgets can be cured just by following the tips-
- For children addicted to mobile phones, tablets, etc. the role of parents became very significant. Parents can control their children by making a family media policy. If children break the rules then take serious actions against them like taking away phones for a day.
- Parents can enable parental mode so that any pornographic, sexual, and hatred content can not access by children.
- Parents should spend time with children asking them about their day. They should promote their children’s physical exercise. They can provide incentives to them for this.
- They can start with little steps like waking early in the morning, doing workouts together, having dinner together and asking about a whole day with their children.
- Remove the TV from the children’s bedrooms. TVs in bedrooms increase the risk for obesity, drug abuse and exposure to sexual content.
- Place the desktop computer in the family hall or other common area. So, you can monitor their activities.
None is left from the evil effects of addiction to these modern gadgets whether they are adults or working professionals all are trapped in this. Technology is now making them alone, frustrated, and detaching them from family members. Now, most people are suffering from sleep problems, emotional problems, vision problems, lack of attention, hearing loss etc. all these things are raised by using gadgets like smartphones, tablets, and computers.
A study in 2014 found that blue light emitted by various screens seriously disturbs the body’s natural circadian rhythm, which can lead to insomnia and related mental fog. The American Optometric Association (AOA) recommends the 20-20-20 rule to ease eye strain. To follow this rule, try to take a 20-second break every 20 minutes to look at something that’s 20 feet away.
The working professionals can follow the following tips to overcome these harmful effects of gadgets-
- Office work to the office not to home-
Employees should complete their work in the office. At the home, you should try to avoid doing office work. You should spend time with your parents and other family members.
- Turn off Mobile Data-
After reaching to avoid the gadget you can opt for this technique. As the post-work discussions take place through email and Whatsapp. Deactivating the internet can help you with this. Most smartphones also have an option of switching between personal and office modes, and such features can help reduce dependency.
- Engage yourself in physical activities-
To reduce your dependency, you can find diversions to engage yourself in physical activities like running, sports, gym, yoga, meditation etc. By doing these you can reduce your addiction to gadgets.
- Turn off notifications-
You have noticed when the notifications bell rings you go to checkout your phones immediately. These notifications also make you addicted to phones. So, disable notifications to avoid the temptation to check your phone frequently.
- Limiting the use of social media-
Social media apps like Instagram, WhatsApp, Facebook, Snapchat, Twitter etc. now become lifelines for adults. For adults, life without these will stop if they stop using these. When you start scrolling down your phone on Instagram, you will not know how 2-3 hours have gone passed away. You don’t need to delete your accounts or uninstall these apps. You just need to limit the time for using these.
Technology and gadgets became inseparable parts of our daily lives. Technology is a double-edged sword, as it can be both helpful and harmful. Devices are our best friend yet worst enemy, so be careful of whatever you do.